It is rightly said that “Health is Wealth”, good health can help you work well, earn money, look after family, visit place around the world and enjoy the true essence of life. People try numerous ways to stay fit such as gym, good diet plan, jogging, healthy foods etc. Although these are the basic means to live a health life, unfortunate incidences like accidental mishaps, critical illnesses are those unexpected guests that don’t come knocking at your door. They are at once and if not secured with adequate health insurance plan can leave you mentally, physically and financially limping state. India is a country where less than 15 per cent of population has some form of health cover. Thus it holds great potential for various general insurance companies to upsell customized health insurance policies that will cater your needs at cost effective budget rates.
Today, companies especially in private sector are launching health insurance plans with high coverage limit at cost effective rates. There are innovative and more customer friendly top-up features along with average premium costs for policyholder. But, as market is on expansion spree with diversified features being made available to the buyers, the complexities increase and it becomes difficult for customers to choose the best possible plan for themselves and their family needs.
When choosing a health insurance plan, there are several features which are common for all as some terms and conditions have been standardized as per regulations. This makes it easy for customers to shortlist their options for unique set of insurance plan. The article discusses some of the common features of health insurance plans.
- All health policies offer 24 hours hospitalization with cashless claim procedure or on reimbursement basis.
- Although the number of hospitals offering cashless may vary, Insurers have around 4000+ hospital tie-ups in India. However, it is advisable to stay updated with your insurance service provider while purchasing the policy.
- Most of the plans offer no claim bonus which varies around 5 to 50 % from 1st to 5 year of the policy.
- Pre and post hospitalization domiciliary treatment and availing ambulance service are common to all plans
- In all health insurance plans, any treatment within first 30 days of cover except any accidental injury is not covered.
- Pre-existing diseases are not covered immediately.You have to wait for around 3 to 4 years to get it incorporated in your health package.
- Once you choose the cover, check if it is available online as it is easier, saves times and don’t ask for medical tests up to age 45. Online sites are a great place to start as they help you easily compare the premium cost of insurance, benefits, features, discounts, payment flexibility & hassle free claims. They also provide you variety of options to choose as per your requirements.
A good health insurance policy is mandatory to combat tough health issues times as it covers you and your loved ones completely against sudden financial burden caused by medical emergencies. Having a good health insurance plan ensures an immense peace of mind and assurance that you can focus on the healing and recuperation of your loved ones, instead of financial worries.